Superbooth 2020: 1010music has announced bitbox micro, a smaller, 18 HP version of its bitbox Eurorack sampler.
The bitbox micro lets you trigger samples using 8 pads on the 2” touch screen, 8 CV/Gate inputs or via MIDI controllers.
You can load a folder of samples to play as a traditional MIDI sampler instrument in Sample Mode or play samples as BPM synchronized loops in Clip Mode. Slicer Mode lets you trigger sample slices on-the-fly for new creative rhythms, while Granular Mode breaks down samples into a group of small wavetables.
The bitbox micro design also allows streaming up to 8 large samples of up to 4 GB file size straight from the microSD card. This means you can play entire song tracks, complete with beat-slicing, for playback at variable tempos with CV/MIDI control, with 24-bit stereo sample recording/playback.
- Play samples with up to 24 notes of polyphony from 64 MB of internal memory or stream 8 tracks of stereo, 24-bit samples (up to 4G each) from microSD, supporting up to 256GB
- Multiple clip Launch Modes, including One-Shot, Toggle and Gate
- Create and instantly recall Presets and use 8 touch screen pads to play one-shot samples, loops or multi-sampled instruments with complete control of sample slice playback, granular processing, and modulation
- Import bitbox micro Presets directly into Ableton Live as a 4×4 bank of samples complete with sample slice parameters
- Trigger samples via 2” touch screen, 8 CV/Gate inputs, or MIDI input
- Use MIDI for polyphonic playback of samples or slices
- Import or export WAV files with your Mac or PC using a microSD card (included)
- Free sample library including beats and other samples by producer Jason Donnelly (DJ Puzzle), Soundopolis and SympleSound
- 24-bit/48kHz stereo input for high quality recordings, with stereo output and two mono effects sends
- Stereo or mono recording with the option to synchronize start/stop times to clock inputs with a maximum recording time of up to 4 hours.
- Playback can be immediate or synchronized to analog or MIDI clock to allow BPM sync and start/stop quantization to note values (measure, 1/4, 1/8, etc.)
- Control of sample parameters, including start position, length, gain, loop mode, launch quantization, grain size, grain spread, grain count
- Tweak synth playback parameters including pitch, gain, filter, pitch, modulation and ADSR envelope controls plus MIDI note and channel mapping with control mapping
- Supports hundreds of User Presets
- Accepts TRS MIDI Type A and Type B input compatible with Arturia and other MIDI controllers
18 HP Eurorack compatible 400mA on +12V
Pricing and Availablity
The bitbox micro is priced at $399.95 USD and is expected to be available in June 2020.