OSC/PILOT is a bi-directional control surface application for Windows, created as a performance tool for digital artists and musicians.
It’s in the tradition of customizable MIDI controller apps like Lemur and TouchOSC, and lets users create original touchscreen control designs for OSC & MIDI, based on a collection of customizable widgets.
In the video above, producer Joel Zimmerman (deadmau5) demonstrates how you can start from scratch and use OSC/PILOT to create a custom controller design.
“OSC/PILOT has been in development since October 2013,” notes Zimmerman, “and I’ve been field testing and using it in shows since that time. It’s a vital component to our live production, both on stage and front of house.”
- Make custom UIs in minutes
- Simple drag interface means laying out a new UI takes no time at all.
- Multiple workspaces allow for different UIs to be used from within one project.
- Multi-Touch fully supported. Drive the UI with as many fingers as your touch display supports.
- Supports sending and receiving OSC (Open Sound Control) data
- Send OSC data to control other applications and devices that support OSC
- Control visual applications such as TouchDesigner, vvvv, Resolume, VDMX, Notch etc.
- Receive OSC data from external sources to drive the content currently shown in the UI
- Supports sending MIDI.
- Connect to devices directly plugged into the computer
- Send MIDI to other computers and applications using network MIDI tools tools such as rtpMIDI
- Control Ableton Live, bitwig and other audio applications using your own custom UI.
- Supports Windows 8.1 and 10
- Show Ready
- Used for years by deadmau5 on tour as his control surface for shows.
Pricing and Availability:
OSC/PILOT is available now for $49.99 USD.