Polyend has announced the discontinuation of the Medusa Hybrid Synth, but has also released a major firmware update for it that adds a 6-voice FM synth engine.
The company says that “Medusa has played a very special role in Polyend growth and maturing, and its maintenance and technical support will be continued.”
Here’s what’s new in Medusa v4.0 firmware:
- Added a 6-voice 3-operator digital FM synth engine,
- Reworked pitch bend and glide,
- Better “Channel per Voice” mode,
- Added MIDI Program Change,
- LFO Synchronization with MIDI Clock,
- Additional bug fixes.
The update is available now via the Polyend site.
Polyend has released an update to their Tracker standalone workstation that adds major new MIDI I/O and sound design options, plus onboard games.
Here’s what’s new in Tracker v1.3:
- New MIDI I/O functionalities:
- Per step MIDI Chords,
- MIDI Microtune step Fx,
- Performance mode is now controllable via MIDI input,
- Master mixer levels are now controllable via MIDI input,
- Tracker can now be configured to send 6 distinct MIDI CCs per MIDI channel,
- Added support for sending MIDI channel aftertouch and polyphonic aftertouch,
- MIDI instruments in Pattern mode can now be present without a note (specify which MIDI channel to send CC),
- MIDI delay compensation for external clock sources in Config,
- Overall enhancements and workflow refinements:
- Tune step Fx,
- Track Arm Recording,
- Live Audio Line Input Monitoring is now available during song playback,
- Long Sample Importing,
- Lo-quality Importing (saves sample pool memory time),
- Delete unused samples,
- Timestretch Fx in Sample Editor,
- Bit depth available as step and Performance Fx’s,
- Transpose octaves by turning the Jog-wheel with Shift in note editing,
- Enhanced Pattern Fill command: Euclidean fills, density setting in Random fills,
- Rewritten from scratch rendering mechanism,
- New sound sculpting possibilities:
- 5-band master EQ,
- Bass booster,
- Stereo enhancer,
- Updated Limiter with gain reduction meter,
- Line Input can now be a Sidechain source for the Limiter,
- Onboard games are now available to catch a breather from a hard day of music-making.
- Polyend Tracker v1.3.0 firmware update is required to run the games,
- Download the games, unzip and copy the “Games” folder directly to the SD card root directory,
- Games will be accessible from the Files screen.
See the Polyend site for details.